Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Cave Story?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Cave Story?

Postby Yongary on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 pm

One of my favorite freeware games is Cave Story. It's a great game, and since it runs natively at 320x240, it seems like it would be perfect for the A320. So far, there are ports for Linux (which uses SDL), the GP2X, and the PSP (which uses a MIPS processor). What are the chances of it being ported to the Dingoo?
Yongary

Re: Cave Story?

Postby quadomatic on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Wow omg if someone ported Cave Story to the Dingoo I would praise them as the god of dingoo game ports...but not in a blasphemous way of course.

I would finally get to finish Cave Story...though I could do that on PC...but that's irrelevant!

Someone would have to get in touch with Peter Mackay:

http://aaiiee.wordpress.com/ports/cave-story/

He's the one who ported Cave Story to SDL, and the one who got the source code (and permission) from Pixel allowing him to do so.
quadomatic

Postby Gadgetoid on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Definitely something worth porting. I looked into it a week ago but didn't get as far as actually contacting anyone. Pixel's website was... confusing... to say the least.
Gadgetoid

Postby zear on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Isn't Pixel working on an official (commercial?) Wii release?
And if so, I wonder if he's still interested in giving away the source code..
zear

Postby trash on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:23 pm

I think, as log as you not gonna use the code to build your own wii-ware with it it shouldn't be a problem.
trash

Return to Homebrew