Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Can someone test this?

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

Can someone test this?

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm

http://opendingoo.com/node/7

Could someone test this rockbox compiled for the Onda VX747 on the dingoo a320 using usbtool? I don't have an sd card to use yet, so I can't try it myself.
quadomatic

Re: Can someone test this?

Postby Gadgetoid on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:25 pm

No dice, I'm afraid. All it does for me is reboot into the stock firmware which, of course, immediately goes into USB mode.

It may be because I extracted .rockbox onto the VFAT partition of my mini SD, didn't want to reformat and hose my linux rootfs. I've got another mini SD on the way for testing soon, though.

Output:

Code: Select all
[INFO] Searching for device...
[INFO] Found device, uploading application.
[INFO] Start!
[INFO] Using built-in jz_xloader.bin
[INFO] GET_CPU_INFO: JZ4740V1
[INFO] SET_DATA_ADDRESS to 0x80000000... Done!
[INFO] Sending data... Done!
[INFO] Verifying data... Done!
[INFO] Booting device STAGE1... Done!
[INFO] GET_CPU_INFO: JZ4740V1
[INFO] SET_DATA_ADDRESS to 0x80004000... Done!
[INFO] Sending data... Done!
[INFO] Verifying data... Done!
[INFO] Booting device STAGE2... Done!
[INFO] Done!
Gadgetoid

Postby Uukrul on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Won't work. You have to change at least the LCD init code and if you're lucky maybe it'll boot.
Uukrul

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Gadgetoid: It probably should be on a vfat partition. I didn't alter the code at all, so even seeing that much is good I guess, since it's something.

I'll see what I can do later...
quadomatic

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:26 pm

I found the files relating to the Onda rockbox port, so now I should be able to figure out which files need to be modified.
quadomatic

Postby quadomatic on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Wow i have no clue what I'm doing. It'll be a while before I'll get what I'm doing with this...time to go learn some stuff
quadomatic

Postby ezelkow1 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 pm

If you have a way to be able to just build the app, then that would be pretty easy, or at least easier than doing the whole thing. If you dont have a choice tho and have to build the entire flash image of rockbox and figure out your memory locations, settings, bootloader, all of that nonsense, then it could take you quite a while.

So my suggestion would be to definitely try to build the application by itself first if thats a possibility
ezelkow1

Postby quadomatic on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah, considering how complex the rockbox source appears to be (though it may not be that complex and I just may be an idiot) it may make more sense to build a media player specifically for the Dingoo...or at least port one from the GP2X that has decent features, like maybe ommpc2x once dingoo-linux gets going.
quadomatic

Return to Homebrew