Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Bricked it... somehow... and can't use Recovery Tool

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Bricked it... somehow... and can't use Recovery Tool

Postby dank on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Hello everyone. I've done a number of searches and have not come up with anyone who has reported the same set of symptoms as myself, so am going to try this as a new thread.

My unit has somehow bricked itself. I *have* installed 1.03TD-3, but that's been working fine for weeks, so I do not believe that it is a firmware issue. The other day I turned it on, and didn't get a boot screen, but just a white screen. Other folks have reported a "white screen of death", so I thought that it might be similar to their experiences. I am unable to turn off the unit using the power switch, also the reset button does not work. There is no way to shut down after having turned the power on and getting this white screen. I let it run down over night and now have it with an empty battery. I tried turning it on again, but still just got a white screen, and was still not able to power down or reset. Additionally, I am no longer able to access the device using my PC. Plugging in the USB cable to either XP or Vista will not cause Windows to recognize the device. I've tried this from stone-dead, as well as with a brief charge prior to plugging in. Pressing reset and holding B (just to try, even though the screen does not change) does not engage USB Mode. Having no external connectivity to the unit, I don't believe I am able to run the Recovery Tool.

Has anyone encountered this type of bricking before? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dan
dank

Re: Bricked it... somehow... and can't use Recovery Tool

Postby snezzle on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Thats the way it is with all bricks... there has never been an a320 or x760+ that hasn't been able to be unbricked using the tool, follow the tutorial and it will be awake in no time.
a320 and x760+ download database, fast downloads

http://x760.uuuq.com/uploader/
snezzle

Re: Bricked it... somehow... and can't use Recovery Tool

Postby dank on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Fantastic news, thanks! I was under the impression that I needed to be able to reset, since the instructions you mention include that step. How do I run the Recovery Tool without resetting, since as I explained, the button does not do anything? Since my OP, I have seen videos online of other a320 bricks which seem to have their white screen interrupted when reset is pressed. This is not the case on mine; the button really does nothing at all. I'd love to find out how to fix it :)

Thanks for your reply.

Dan
dank

Return to A320 hardware