Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Black Dingoo with new LCD Drivers

Firmwares, themes and software hacks go here

Moderator: Moderators

Black Dingoo with new LCD Drivers

Postby hazza1981 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 am

So I have a new black dingoo and it has the new drivers with it. Does this mean I can or can't use the custom firmware. I've looked through and cant find a definitive answer. Has anyone successfully flashed the new Dingoo's. Cheers...
hazza1981

Re: Black Dingoo with new LCD Drivers

Postby welshmouse on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:19 am

hazza1981 wrote:So I have a new black dingoo and it has the new drivers with it. Does this mean I can or can't use the custom firmware. I've looked through and cant find a definitive answer. Has anyone successfully flashed the new Dingoo's. Cheers...

yes you can. the issue with the new LCD controllers was to do with installing linux. the custom firmwares will work with all versions of the a320
welshmouse

Postby hazza1981 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:46 am

ok cool. i'll probs give it a go tonight then. how comes there is another post saying not to upgrade the firmware tho??
hazza1981

Postby welshmouse on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 am

hazza1981 wrote:ok cool. i'll probs give it a go tonight then. how comes there is another post saying not to upgrade the firmware tho??

hmm, maybe need to double check. i was under the impression that it was the unbricking tool that wasnt working, but that you could update the firmware... im not so sure now...
welshmouse

Postby knk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 pm

im pretty certain team dingoo did NOT release a new dingoo firmware to account for the changed drivers. For the team being i wouldnt bother updating, it really doesn't provide very many advantages. Keep default firmware and wait for linux in my opinion. Apparently dual boot this weekend =]
knk

Postby emusan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 pm

there are posts on this forum about how to install the new firmware on new lcd controller.

Here is the post:
so9 wrote:
gabrielodi wrote:Sofia provides that recovery tool... try again, I hope it works!

hi

i don't think it's a recoverytool problem. all you've to do is to replace the display driver.
if you try to unbrick you download a valid hxf-file and some *.dl file to your dingoo
the *.dl-file is the lcd-driver

i know of two different versions
blabla_ili9325.dl for ILI9325-LCD-Driver
and blabla_ili9331.dl for ILI9331_x-LCD-Driver

to check what chip your dingoo uses select -> about and click two times up, right, down. a new screen appears and shows your hardwareconfiguration. if your dingoo is already bricked try one after another.

to unbrick your dingoo simply use the corresponding dl-file

in a nutshell

1. get a valid hxf-firmware-file
2. find out what lcddriver your dingoo uses and choose the right dl-file
3. download both files to your dingoo (using the normal flashtool or recoverytool (it's the same))
4. done

hope this helps

so9

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but in the future PLEASE use the search button, there are so many posts on this forum that could all be answered by a simple search(not specifically this one, there are many more), I don't know about others here, but its starting to get under my skin.

Also, if you don't understand quite how this works, or need some clearing up, I can try and help you, just reply.
emusan

Postby hazza1981 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 am

yes i've seen this already but thought this just concerned the recovery tool. how does this relate to upgrading the firmware?? Could u give me a step by step maybe
hazza1981

Postby eule on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 am

I guess you´ll have to try to flash the firmware on the normal way. If it bricks your dingoo, use the new recoverytool. That´s what i would do...
Anonymous said: is a fake.
Tobias said: it seems to run very slow ...so it could be real ...
Eläkeläiset - Humppa rules!
eule

Postby emusan on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 pm

@hazza1981 heres a step by step:

1. get the hxf-firmware file(should be in the archive of the firmware you want)
2. choose the right dl-file for your lcd driver(should be the one attached to my post, just download it)
3. download both files to your dingoo(using normal flashtool or recoverytool)
4. update your dingoo the normal way, using the new LCD driver(should be the attached file)(there are other posts for updating, so I wont go into that here)

if this isn't clear enough reply and I'll edit it or post a better one.

I don't have a new LCD driver Dingoo, so I can't test this, but it should work.
emusan

Return to Firmware/Themes/Hacks