Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

[Request] Ballz / Secret of Fantasy

Any and all A320 homebrew topics

Moderator: Moderators

[Request] Ballz / Secret of Fantasy

Postby blizz on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 am

Hi,

would it be possible to port B.A.L.L.Z (from [url]darkbits.org[/url]) to the Dingux?
It´s a 2D platformer with a native resolution of 320x240.
More info and sourcecode: http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/590831
http://code.google.com/p/db-tins07/

The other game is called Secret of Fantasy. It´s also completely 2D and 320x240, but this time it´s a RPG.
Info and source: http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/600900

I'm a total noob with the A320 (still waiting for it to arive), but it would be really great to have these two simple games. If anyone could tell me if it´s possible to do this I would greatly appreciate it.
blizz

Re: [Request] Ballz / Secret of Fantasy

Postby zear on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 am

They both require allegro lib to run.
Currently dingux supports only libSDL.
You have to wait 'till someone ports allegro, and we will have tens of new game ports to dingux :)
zear

Postby blizz on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:12 pm

There exists a GP2X port of Allegro. Does this make a port more easy?
I´d also like to help coding if someone could point me to some good information about Dingoo homebrew. I´m studying computer science, so programming in C etc. is no big deal for me.
blizz

Postby zear on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm

blizz wrote:I´d also like to help coding if someone could point me to some good information about Dingoo homebrew.

Since dingux is nothing less than linux, you don't need any special knowledge to write dingoo homebrew.
Just write it like for a desktop linux and compile using dingux toolchain . It's that simple :)
zear

Postby ezelkow1 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm

I looked at the original allegro library and I forget the reason but it was going to be very hard to get that lib going quick on the dingoo. Since there is a gp2x port I guess using that would be possible as long as it isnt done in asm
ezelkow1

Postby blizz on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:02 pm

I´ve got the allegro sourcecode for the gp2x. It´s 100% c without assembler. I suppose that only 2-3 files need some changes (controls and hardware features).
The sourcecode of ballz seems to be quite easy to manage, i already changed the display part to display in 320x240 instead of 640x480. All that´s left should be the button mapping.

Can´t wait for my A320 to arrive to test if I can get it running :D
blizz

Postby zear on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Button mapping shouldn't be a problem. Dingux sees button inputs as normal keyboard events.
zear

Postby romleinster on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

please post files if you can get these running, they look like awesome games
romleinster

Return to Homebrew