Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

anyone having problem with nes roms not loading?

All A320 emulation related topics

Moderator: Moderators

anyone having problem with nes roms not loading?

Postby semicharmdlifer on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Almost ALL of my NES ROMs don't load. I open them, the Loading screen displays and it freezes my Dingoo til I reset it.

Yes, they all have the .nes extension
Yes, they all work fine on my computer.
Yes, I reformatted my Dingoo and redownloaded the emulators.

Any other ideas?
semicharmdlifer

Re: anyone having problem with nes roms not loading?

Postby pinata on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Is it only nes games?
Gba/snes/etc. work fine?

Have you tried flashing the firmware again? It could be a firmware issue.
pinata

Postby semicharmdlifer on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:15 am

This is where I get a bit dumb. I don't know how to flash the firmware lol. Any help on how?

And, yes this is primarily just an issue with NES ROMs. MOST (but not all) of my other system ROMs work. Although Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES barely works (messed up audio) and Sonic 2 on the Genesis has no audio, but most of it works pretty well.
semicharmdlifer

Postby pinata on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 am

Download it from here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?azzymkkjyok
It's a rar file so you're going to need Winrar, 7zip, or some other software that supports rar files to extract it.
Put the hxf file in your root (this is the directory of the drive, don't put it in a folder) directory overwrite the current one if necessary.
Unplug the usb, turn it off, and then turn it on while holding the down button the d pad.
The upgrade process should start and afterward it should return to the menu.
pinata

Postby JeKel on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 am

OK, so this is an obvious one, but did you put the .NES rom files at least somewhere in the "Games" folder in the Dingoo? Are you accessing them from the "Interesting Game" menu on the Dingoo? 2 obvious things to check since the NES emulator is about the most rockin thing the Dingoo does it should be no problems.
-JeKel
JeKel

Postby semicharmdlifer on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 am

thanks for the help. Oddly enough, I think Ive gotten it to work, but it was kind of a fluke that I stumbled upon the problem. I knew that all the ROMs had to have the .nes extension on them or the dingoo wouldnt recognize it. In my ROM folder, not all of them did so I used a mass renamer program to do so. It was weird, but ones that I had changed MANUALLY before doing the renamer worked fine, but ones that I had renamed with the program didnt, even though technically they DID have the right extension (and still worked fine on my computer's emulator). But basically, whatever I did to all those ROMs seemed to ruin them for the Dingoo. ANY fresh ROMs I downloaded today worked fine, just none of the ones I had changed. So, I just redownloaded an NES ROM torrent and voila!

Thanks for the flashing firmware tip though. Might come in handy sometime.
semicharmdlifer

Return to Emulation