Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A wired thing with the black dingoo screen

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

A wired thing with the black dingoo screen

Postby difuno on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:41 am

I bought a white dingoo right after it came into the market. The miniSD card sticks out by about 2 to 3 mm after it gets inserted. But this one has no screen problem.

Then I bought a black one last month, when I learnt that this card slot problem had been rectified in this newer version. But this time, I found one problem with this black dingoo which does not exist in my white one.

Everytime I press the SELECT button, a part of the screen on the left side, close to this SELECT button turn GREEEN, then this green color fades out in around 2 seconds, this problem is more obvious when the screen is displaying a dark color (ie, black).

Does somebody here know why this happens? Does this do any harm to the LCD screen?
And if there is a solution/method to avoid this happening?

The LCD type of the white one is 9325, and the black one is 9331.
difuno

Re: A wired thing with the black dingoo screen

Postby joepie91 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 pm

It's because the plastic shiny cover on top, is very close to the LCD screen. When you press SELECT (or right arrow on your D-pad) it presses down the surrounding cover a bit, which presses against your screen because it's so close. It's similar to pressing on the screen of a calculator with your finger. I have no idea if it's harmful to your display (I just got my black Dingoo and have the same problem), but it's better to just be careful.
joepie91

Postby codiak on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:01 pm

On my black one the screen gets "flabby" a bit when I press select a bit harder. But turning to green sound not good!
codiak

Postby Homerzinho on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am

Mine has that problem too, and the select is not totally fixed, IDK how to explain, but this is not a big concern imo, just try not to put much pressure on it.
Homerzinho

Postby difuno on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 am

I am just quite curious why I've never seen the same kind of problem on my white dingoo, did Dingoo make any change to the black version besides the card slot? A different type of plastic used for the shell?

BTW: This picture explains why I want a black one (both A320s have a miniSD card inserted, 8gig miniSD in the white one, 16gig microSD+miniSD adapter in the black one, and I am sure these two cards are indetical in size)

difuno

Postby QBert on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:50 am

Yes, I've noticed the select button screen warping effect too. It doesn't appear to affect all black Dingoos however. I've ordered three black Dingoos so far (one from Thinkgeek, two from DX), and only one of them exhibited this behavior. I could minimize it by using less pressure on the select button, and it didn't ever appear to be applying enough pressure to actually damage the screen. The "lcd warping" effect is brief and temporary.
QBert

Return to A320 hardware