Welcome
Welcome to a320

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

16GB Mini Sd Cards

All topics/questions about A320 hardware

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 16GB Mini Sd Cards

Postby jdoh on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 pm

oh.. isn't that kind of inconvenient though, having to take your card out every time you plug the dingoo into the computer?
jdoh

Postby Vmurp on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:49 am

jdoh wrote:Hello I just ordered my Dingoo and was looking to buy a 16GB Sd card, which I read works with the dingoo, I want it to put the first four seasons of a tv show in it (104 episodes about 9GB) I just wanted to know if this one was a good SD card:

The 3rd link looks good. Toshiba's an excellent brand. Kingston is also an excellent brand, but those first two auctions are probably junk. The first one is only a class 2, which means it's really slow. For a 16gig card, you want no less than a class 4 (class 6 is best, but more expensive).

The second auction looks like a fake. It doesn't even have the "class" marked on the front of the card. Genuine cards are always marked with the class#. Plus, the packaging looks suspicious. I've never seen a MicroSD in retail packaging without any adapter at all. And the packaging itself looks like the knock-off ones to me.

You have to be really careful when buying memory cards off ebay, there's LOTS of fakes out there. Two general rules of thumb...if the price is too good to be true, or if the seller is from Hong Kong, then it's probably a fake.

Don't get me wrong, there's lots of great stuff out there from HK and I purchase from DealExtreme all the time...it's my favorite "toystore" :geek: lol. You just have to know what you're buying. Unfortunately, Hong Kong is notorious for knock-offs, especially when it comes to memory cards and cartridge type games (like DS and GBA games).

I'm not saying all ebay sellers from HK are selling rip-offs. I'm just saying buyer beware 8-)
Last edited by Vmurp on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vmurp

Postby Vmurp on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 am

jdoh wrote:In another forum someone recommended me this 8GB card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220350
Anyone have experience with this particular card??

You're really better off with a Kingston or Toshiba card. Right now Amazon is selling the 16GB Kingstons for only $55 and free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technolo ... 001RPD06I/

They also sell 8GB cards for around $17 to $19 (their prices always fluctuate).

One great thing about getting Kingston cards from Amazon is, you almost always get the Japan built ones. Whenever I buy them elsewhere, I always get the Taiwan built ones. For some reason, the ones built in Japan (with japanese parts) are faster than the ones made in Taiwan. You can tell which one you got by the label on the back of the packaging (it'll say "made in...") and the Japanese ones have the word "Japan" right on the front of the card itself---not the adapters, just the card.

EDIT: actually, it didn't occur to me to ask if you lived in the USA :geek:
Vmurp

Postby ralph wiggum on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:25 pm

jdoh wrote:oh.. isn't that kind of inconvenient though, having to take your card out every time you plug the dingoo into the computer?

I haven't plugged my dingoo up to my PC in over a month. In fact, I don't have much of a need to probably do it anymore. I keep all the emulators, pictures, and ROM files on the dingoo, and all music/video on the memory card. Now that I'm pretty much set with my Rom files, I really have no need to go back. The only items I really swap in and out are the music/video files.
ralph wiggum

Postby MeneerJansen on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm

I hear the craziest stories about microSDHC cards not working. Some say only the Sandisk adapter works in combination w/ SD cards > 4 GB (which I bought for only 3 Euro at the Mediamarkt :) ). Some day I would like to buy me a 16 GB card. What brand of 16 GB card do y'all use?
MeneerJansen

Previous

Return to A320 hardware